Thursday, March 2, 2017
Arrowhead is a popular Mountain Spring Water brand on the West Coast of United States.
One of its Commercial states,
"At Arrowhead, we call these hills home for over 120 years. It's why we care for our mountain springs and their surrounding environments. " - Arrowhead Commercial Slogan
The Brand Committed to its home state, California. Provides Spring water for the communities on the West and also keeping long term sustainability in mind.
Sustainability being one of their core values, a change in packaging can be made.
How to make our community better: An upgrade in packaging, using glass bottle as their new packaging.
A little background in product material use:
Glass is a non-reactive material, which means it won't absorb chemicals.
Recycled glass uses 40% less energy than manufacturing new glass, and up to 80% of all recycled glass can be reclaimed. Not all plastic can be recycled. In act only about 6.8 percent of the total plastic used in the U.S.
Glass bottle pros: 1. Could be serve in High end restaurants
2. Saves cost on label prints, and prints on glass instead
3. Integrates Brand
4. BPA free
5. Unlike plastic that is down-cycled, glass can be recycled
cons: 1. Risk of broken package during transport increase
2. Initial cost of glass water bottle is higher
New Logo pros: 1. Logos are one of the important things for brand associations
2. Highly complex logo makes consumer perceive it as confusing and difficult to relate
3. Changing new logo can prevent our brand of having " old and out of date" impression.